Thursday, November 02, 2006

Here we go again. The big guess. Who will open first and when on our side of the country. Well any of us who have actually been to opening day at the Big K, knows ware. The Glades or what ever they call it these days. Wildcat was an awesome surprise last season but not a yearly occurrence from what I can recall. I recommend wearing some padding if you land up at Killington. It can get pretty dangerous under that chair. With so many jonesing skiers in one place and no place to bailout ,their is a high potential for some bad wipeouts. You also might want to wear some padding if you interact on some of the forums that have this subject come up every Oct. They can get pretty nasty. One imparticular seems to have a lot of members who live hundreds of miles from any decent snow, but seem to know more about what's happening around openings than locals. I can pass along one tidbit of info. My sister who has been at the same mountain for 15 years was called in a week early this year. It looks like we will have more competition for opening day glory this year. When I say opening I mean top to bottom none of this 100 foot patch of white dirt. It would be great to see Sunday River make there plans to open next week come together. It's my personal favorite. Thanks For checking out North East Ski Zone. I'm just getting started and hope to have some decent content. You will also see the links list begin to grow. I'm hoping to add a link to every snow report in New England. And a lot of the Adsense will be taken off. I am only a rookie bloger so if you see the page messed up one day it should be fixed fairly quick, so keep coming back. I have a wealth of information to share. I have been skiing in New England for almost 40 years and look forward to any input for this site.

No comments: